Sunday, August 06, 2006

Something in this slippery world that can hold

Hey shipmates...I'm gearing up for my presentation at NEKLS Tech Day '06. I'm talking about how to use techie tools to enhance and encourage book lust in patrons, friends, and family, and I'm featuring our M-D blog.

And then I remembered that I only posted my New Bedford trip photos to my Queequeg's blog. How foolish of me.

Mr. Sprinkles, Larry & I had a great time walking the streets and seeing the sites that Melville walked and saw. Photos of whales, ships, Moby-Dick/whaling-inspired tourist spots, history, and Mr. Sprinkles are all up on Flickr.

After reading M-D so many times, it was fantastic to actually be in New Bedford--and stay inches from the river that first launched HM into the world of whaling. It's odd how comforting it is to visit places HM visited and wrote about 150+ years ago. It makes the world feel strangely stable. As Ahab says, "I like to feel something in this slippery world that can hold, man."

(technorati tag)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home