Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The next book...(I'm sick of comments)

Sorry...sick of posting comments...here are some options from me...

Arthur & George (by Julian Barnes) --yeah...this just came out, but it's sitting on my coffee table, and it's longing for me...

To Kill a Mockingbird

Great Gatsby (I've listened to it, but never read it all...plus I love F.Scott)

Anything by Hemingway, Anything (really, anything...I've only read his short stories...and I love him)

Invisible Man

What I will NOT read: anything by Virgina Woolf (I've read too much already by her, and I've never liked any of it), anything by Dickens (ditto on Woolf), anything by Hunter S. (again, ditto...)

3 Comments:

Blogger Degolar said...

Great Gatsby - I overanalyzed it to do a unit on it during student teaching, so not a first choice. I haven't touched it in 15 years, though, and it seems a popular choice, so I could be swayed.

Invisible Man - Two of us have mentioned it. Anyone else have an interest?

To Kill a Mockingbird - Three have announced they'd be on board with it, and no objections. If I had to make a decision right now I'd have to go with this. Any naysayers?

7:58 PM  
Blogger Degolar said...

And beyond the book, the other decision we need to make is how to discuss. Do we want to rework this blog, start a new one, or what?

8:01 PM  
Blogger asdfasdfadfasd said...

To Kill a Mockingbird would be a good choice, although I have already read it. If you guys haven't I would highly recommend reading it at once!

As far as the blog goes: I would suggest reworking it to fit whatever book is currently being read and discussed.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home