Friday, March 31, 2006

My List (What to Read Next)

OK, I've come up with a list of authors/titles that I would like to read, but might not without some extra motivation. It's random and off the top of my head, so I'm sure there are other things I would enjoy that I've left off. And it's slanted pretty heavily toward the 20th century. I'm going to put the actual list as a comment so you can come up with your own before seeing mine and being influenced by it. And then add yours as another comment, of course.

5 Comments:

Blogger Degolar said...

Steinbeck - Grapes of Wrath
Vonegut - Slaughterhouse Five
Ellison - Invisible Man
Wright - Native Son
Fowles - The Magus
Moore - Watchmen
Gaiman - Sandman (all 10 compilations)
Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird
Joyce - Ulysses
Gibson - Neuromancer
Philip K. Dick - ?
Virginia Woolf - ?
Wolfe - The Book of the New Sun (4 books plus an optional coda book)
Tolstoy - Anna Karenina
Dostoyevsky - Brothers Karamazov

6:18 PM  
Blogger scott said...

I'd be okay with To Kill a Mockingbird. Or either of the Russians. I'll see if I can get a list together soon.

10:47 PM  
Blogger scott said...

So, here's my list. Sorry about the wait. I was building antici..

lolita
ulysses
great gatsby
i, claudius
passage to india
all the kings men
maltese falcon
on the road
satanic verses

..pation.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Degolar said...

Since we seem short on takers, I've extended the invitation.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Kelly Sime said...

how about 1984. I'm reading that now.

Never read the Grapes of Wrath, but I think it might be good.

great gatsby is good. I'd read it again.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home