Saturday, January 07, 2006

As we go to sea...

The first chapters of the book are, in fact, on the shore...and we're headed to New Bedford where we'll really launch...Melville himself sailed out of New Bedford on the whaling ship Acushnet (the anniversary of which is commemorated by the annual marathon readings on the dock).

Here are some options for how we can share our thoughts as we chart our course and chase the big MD:

1. If you have a blog, post away. So that we can find all of our posts, just tag them with (technorati tag).

2. For those who don't have your own blog or would prefer to post in one place, I started this blog. Post away my dears!

3. If you know of anyone else who wants to play, let me know, and I'll send them invites to the blog so everyone can post directly...

"By reason of these things, then, the whaling voyage was welcome; the great flood-gates of the wonder-world swung open, and in the wild conceits that swayed me to my purpose, two and two there floated into my inmost soul, endless processions of the whale, and, mid most ofthem all, one grand hooded phantom, like a snow hill in the air."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home